Join Our Team!
HOUSE PARENTS JOB OPENING
(Closing Date for Applications: 1st June 2021)
We’re looking for new parents to join the Childrens Home team! You’ll move into one of the Children’s Home Houses and raise the children placed in your care full-time – up to 8 children of various ages, genders, backgrounds and cultures. Single parents and Married couples are welcome to apply. Accommodation, travel and meals stands as part of the remuneration and benefits received in this position, as well as a monthly salary of between R5000-R6000 p/m.
For married couples that apply, we encourage the spouse to have a permanent day job. The spouse acts as support childcare worker and assists the houseparent in the evenings and over weekends.
• The incumbent is primarily responsible for the effective management of the house unit and therefore is responsible for the planning, organizing and control of all aspects pertaining to the household, including cooking & cleaning.
• The houseparent is responsible for providing a warm, safe and emotionally supportive environment for the youth, supporting +- 8 children at any given time.
• The houseparent works in consultation with a multidisciplinary team and promotes good behaviour to the youth with regard to authority and authoritative figures, supports and encourage the youth to reach their full potential.
• Encourages the youth to actively take part in school sport activities, cultural activities as well as developmental activities.
• The spouse fulfils the role as support care worker and primarily supports the houseparent in the evenings and over weekends.
• Possess the required knowledge, skills, attitude and strategies to be able to work effectively with traumatised children who display challenging behaviours.
• Be able to work with at least 8 children at any given time.
• Be able prioritise, and the ability to work both independently and as an active team member of a team.
• Be able to work under pressure, and have high levels of emotional intelligence.
• Ability to maintain professional a character while exercising judgment, discretion and discipline in work.
• Senior Certificate a must have.
• Experience in Child and Youth Care work highly advantageous.
• Be able to read, write and speak English is a must.
• Code 10 driver’s license with PDP will be advantageous.
Should you not be contacted within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. To apply, simply fill in the form below: